- 1 Why do softball players hit their back with the bat?
- 2 What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
- 3 Why do batters lift their leg?
- 4 What causes bat lag?
- 5 Why do kids drag bats?
- 6 What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
- 7 What is the hardest position to play in softball?
- 8 What is the best batting stance for softball?
- 9 Should you rest your bat on your shoulder?
Why do softball players hit their back with the bat?
It is to their advantage to do this because of the angle that the ball comes out of the pitchers hand. It would not be advantageous for softball players because the ball is already traveling up after it leaves the pitchers hand.
What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
5 Tips on Softball Hitting Techniques
- Tip 1 – Grip. When gripping the bat, the hitter applies pressure with the fingers, not the palms.
- Tip 2 – Hand Position. The hands start close to the body about three to four inches in front of the chest and between the shoulders.
- Tip 3 – Swing.
- Tip 4 – Contact.
- Tip 5 – Follow – Through.
Why do batters lift their leg?
when the batter lifts his front leg, he shifts his hips and all his momentum goes forward when the front leg plants in the ground. This allows the batter to use all his power to make contact with the ball. This is called stepping towards the pitcher, or loading up. This motion generates more power on the swing.
What causes bat lag?
Bat lag occurs when the hands begin to move into the hitting zone. When the hands begin to move they lead the barrel slightly creating whip and a tremendous amount of bat speed. As you can see in the picture of Barry Bonds above, his hands are linked with his hips and his hands are leading the barrel.
Why do kids drag bats?
Bat Drag is the main reason why good grade school hitters stop hitting, usually in middle school. While some label Bat Drag a sequence problem, it is more fundamentally a power source problem. Bat Drag is caused by the hitter trying to power their swing top-down with their arms rather than middle-up with their core.
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.
What is the hardest position to play in softball?
The shortstop has many responsibilities, including catching and fielding, and are very versatile and agile players. This is perhaps the most difficult position on the field. The remaining base is reserved for the third baseman. This area is the corner diagonally opposite the first base.
What is the best batting stance for softball?
To be a successful hitter you need to start in a relaxed, balanced stance. An athletic stance involves: Spreading your feet wider than shoulder-width apart. Pointing your toes slightly inward, with the weight of your body on the inside part of your feet and forward on the balls of your feet.
Should you rest your bat on your shoulder?
The idea is that we want the hitter to have “ active hands ” so they can generate power and quickness, rather than simply drag the bat off their shoulder, drop their hands, and make a loopy swing toward the ball.