- 1 What are some softball sayings?
- 2 What should you not say to a softball player?
- 3 What does it mean to hit a dinger in softball?
- 4 What does every softball player need?
- 5 What is a good softball quote?
- 6 What are some softball chants?
- 7 What is a DBO in softball?
- 8 What does C mean in softball stats?
- 9 What does eat it in softball mean?
- 10 What’s the strike zone in softball?
- 11 What can I wear if I don’t have softball pants?
- 12 What do softball players wear under their pants?
- 13 Where is softball most popular?
What are some softball sayings?
Motivational Softball Slogans
- Outplay, Outwork, Outlast!
- Only the Strong Survive – OTSS.
- Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.
- There’s no traffic on the extra mile.
- Softball is for everyone; fast-pitch is for athletes!
- Our blood, our sweat, your tears.
- One TEAM One DREAM.
- Win the Day.
What should you not say to a softball player?
19 Things You Should Never Say to Softball Players
- “How’s baseball going?”
- “That ball doesn’t hurt.
- “Is the bow theory about softball players really true?”
- “Honey, softball is ruining your legs.”
- “Do you not miss having a summer since you play travel ball all the time?”
- “You softball players are a bunch of tomboys.”
What does it mean to hit a dinger in softball?
Going yard or Dinger—means an over the fence home run (like Martha says–it’s a good thing) Worm burner—ball that’s hit hard along the ground.
What does every softball player need?
What Equipment Do You Need For Softball?
- Ball. The ball used for softball is round and about 11-12 inches in circumference.
- Bat. Right after the ball, the most essential piece of equipment is the bat.
- Glove. There are two types of gloves in softball.
- Catcher’s Gear.
What is a good softball quote?
Short Softball Quotes Hit the ball, head right, take 3 lefts, and you’re home. Talent is nothing without dedication. Good players inspire themselves; great players inspire others. Play with Heart!
What are some softball chants?
The Best Softball Cheers And Softball Chants
- When you’re up, you’re up. When you’re down, you’re down. When you’re up against our team.
- We don’t play with barbie dolls (x2) We just play with bats and balls (x2)
- Ole Ole, Ole Ole, Hit that ball the other way,
- I love you (echo) You stole two (echo)
What is a DBO in softball?
DBO: -noun Dead Ball Out. In slow pitch softball when the maximum allo
What does C mean in softball stats?
CS: Caught stealing. PIK: Picked off. SB%: Stolen base percentage. AVG: Batting average (season) OBP: On-base percentage (season)
What does eat it in softball mean?
The other fielders see that throwing the ball likely won’t result in an out, any may mean the ball is thrown away and the runners advance. So, they yell out “eat it” in an attempt to get the fielder to hold on to the ball and minimize the offensive damage.
What’s the strike zone in softball?
Achieving consistency while calling balls and strikes starts with the definition of the strike zone. In NFHS, USA and USSSA, it is the space over home plate between the batter’s armpit and the top of the knees when the batter assumes a natural batting stance.
What can I wear if I don’t have softball pants?
What To Wear To Softball Tryouts
- Sliders. These compression shorts will cover you to mid-thigh and protect you when you’re determined to get to that base.
- Shirt. You have lots of options.
- Shorts or Sweats. If you already have a pair of softball pants, wear them.
- A Little Advice.
What do softball players wear under their pants?
Athletic sliders are also known as compression shorts. They’re flexible, mid-thigh length shorts that go underneath your softball pants. Wear sliders whether you’re going to practice or a game. If you’ll be wearing an athletic cup, look for a pair of sliders with a cup supporter.
Where is softball most popular?
According to the latest World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) rankings, the U.S. and Japan are once again the top-ranked international softball teams in the world.