How do you hit a softball perfectly?
The swing doesn’t end when the bat contacts the ball – it is important to make sure your players swing all the way through. After contact, the hitter should allow her arms to extend and her wrists to roll over, ending the swing with her hands near the front shoulder and her chin on the back shoulder.
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.
What is a good bat speed for softball?
The test protocol requires the athlete to use their game bat to hit 5 line drives off a batting tee into a net. The bat speed is recorded in mph. Average bat speed for high school softball is approximately 55 mph; NCAA softball is approximately 70 mph.
Is softball harder than baseball?
Many people often question if softball is harder than base ball or vise versa. However, it is scientifically proven that softball is harder than baseball. The speed of pitches, the reaction time for hitters and fielders, and the distance of the field indicates that softball is indeed harder than baseball.
What muscles increase bat speed?
The grip and forearms are very important areas when it comes to increasing bat speed. Strong forearms and grip provide faster hand speed and control. A baseball swing involves incredibly controlled movements in the forearms, wrists, hands and fingers. It’s important to practice forearm and hand exercises.
What should my bat speed be?
The average bat speed for a 13-year-old is approximately 55-60 mph, while the average bat speed for 15-year-olds is 60-70 mph. Once you make the jump to college and the pros the minimum average speed is around 65-70 with an upper bat speed limit in the mid-80s for most players, with a few venturing into the low 90s.
How can I increase my batting power?
Four Ways to Generate Cricket Bat Speed for Power Hitting
- Having a high backlift during stance: Having a high backlift during batting stance allows for increased angular acceleration to be generated during the impact with the ball.
- Playing with a Backswing:
- Aligning the Body:
- Optimizing Bat Weight:
- Measuring Bat Speed: