- 1 What does a mean on a softball bat?
- 2 Is Usssa and ASA the same?
- 3 What are the parts of a softball bat?
- 4 What does the minus mean on softball bats?
- 5 Is a lighter softball bat better?
- 6 Why does my softball bat vibrate?
- 7 Are USSSA bats allowed in Asa?
- 8 What bats are hotter USSSA or ASA?
- 9 What is the hottest ASA slowpitch softball bat?
- 10 What bats drop 13 year olds?
- 11 Why do softball players have 2 bats?
- 12 What is the best fastpitch softball bat for 2020?
- 13 What does drop 9 mean on a softball bat?
- 14 What is a drop 3 bat?
- 15 What does drop 5 bat mean?
What does a mean on a softball bat?
It is referring to the bats weight drop, a figure you’ll often see describing a bat’s size. The higher the weight drop, the lighter the bat. For example, a baseball bat with a -11 weight drop would be lighter than a bat with a -3 weight drop.
Is Usssa and ASA the same?
USA (ASA) / NSA / USSSA: Bats that meets USA (ASA)’s 98 MPH certification and the Bat Performance Factor (BPF) of 1.20 for NSA and USSSA. Search available ASA / NSA / USSSA Certified Fastpitch Bats. ASA Has changed their name to USA. Both Stamps are Legal and will be the USA stamp moving forward.
What are the parts of a softball bat?
Parts of the softball bat. These components include the taper, grip, barrel and the knob. They have an effect on your speed, vibration, and shock absorption and general comfort level which helps generate maximum bat speeds.
What does the minus mean on softball bats?
Always a minus number, it refers to the weight of the bat. Also referred to as the bat drop or the bat’s length to weight ratio. So a 33 inch bat that is -3 weighs 30 ounces. For example, if a bat weighs 29 ounces and is 32 inches long, it is said to be minus 3 (29 – 32 = -3).
Is a lighter softball bat better?
1) Softball Bat Weight As a general rule, bigger, stronger players usually prefer a heavier bat for maximum power. Smaller players usually benefit from a lighter bat that allows greater bat speed.
Why does my softball bat vibrate?
Softball bats will rattle and vibrate due to missing the bat’s sweet spot, which causes rattling and vibrating frequencies to be sent through our hands. This rattling typically stings the hands and causes pain to the batter. This vibrating feeling will often feel stinging or painful to the batter.
Are USSSA bats allowed in Asa?
ASA standard for testing is 98mph with 0 +-, USSSA is 100mph+-. Essentially what this means is, newer stamp 2013 ASA is 98mph for 52/300 COR balls, which means if used against a 44/375 will exceed 98mph. Hence the reason ASA only bats are not approved in USSSA where the sanctioned ball will perform beyond the 100mph.
What bats are hotter USSSA or ASA?
Just like for fastpitch, USSSA allows for higher performance than ASA so a USSSA only stamp bat will typically be hotter than a bat with an ASA stamp.
What is the hottest ASA slowpitch softball bat?
10 Best ASA slowpitch softball bats 2021 reviews
- Miken 2021 Freak Primo.
- Easton RIVAL Slowpitch Softball Bat.
- Miken Freak 23 Maxload.
- Miken 2021 DC 41 Supermax.
- Miken Exclusive 2021 Chaos Slowpitch Softball Bat.
- EASTON GHOSTMONDO ASA Slowpitch Softball Bat.
- Worth 2021 Krecher XL, Ryan Harvey Slowpitch Softball Bat.
What bats drop 13 year olds?
Weight drops vary in Senior League baseball, but players 10 years old and under often use -10 weight drop bat. Players 12 years old and under often use a -8 weight drop, and 13 year old players often use a -5 weight drop.
Why do softball players have 2 bats?
Softball players use two bats to warm up, and though it may look a bit odd, it serves an instrumental purpose. These two bats will effectively add weight to a player’s practice swing. The weight of the second bat will cause the player to exert more effort when swinging during the actual game.
What is the best fastpitch softball bat for 2020?
BEST FASTPITCH SOFTBALL BATS
- Easton Ghost Advanced 2020. The 2020 Ghost Advanced Bat provides players with a barrel that’s longer, lighter and stronger than ever before to help hitters consistently rake at the dish.
- DeMarini Prism 2020.
- Louisville Slugger Xeno X20.
- DeMarini CF 2020.
- Louisville Slugger LXT X20.
What does drop 9 mean on a softball bat?
Length- Drop= Weight. For example, a 32-inch bat with a -9 ‘drop’ would weigh in at 23 oz. while a 32-inch bat with a -10 ‘drop’ would be 22 oz. -8, -9 and endloaded bats give you more power with each swing due to extra weight. -10 and -11 are for hitters with quicker bat speeds and looking to get on base everytime.
What is a drop 3 bat?
For anyone who is wondering, a drop 3 baseball bat is one that has a length to weight ratio of -3. This means that the difference between the length of the bat in inches and its weight is about 3. These bats are most often found at the high school/college level of play.
What does drop 5 bat mean?
The greater the drop is, the lighter the bat will weigh. 30 (bat length) – 5 (the drop) = 25 (bat weight) For example, if you have a -5 length-to-weight ratio (or, drop) and a 30 inch bat, you subtract 5 from the 30 inches and that will give you the weight in ounces (25 ounces).