- 1 How often should you practice softball pitching?
- 2 What is the fastest softball pitch ever?
- 3 What is the hardest pitch to hit in fastpitch?
- 4 Why do softball pitchers slap their leg?
- 5 How Much Should softball pitchers throw?
- 6 How long does it take to get good at softball pitching?
- 7 Should 11 year olds throw curve balls?
- 8 How fast should a 10 year old be pitching?
- 9 Should a 10 year old throw a curveball?
How often should you practice softball pitching?
To avoid all of the above and ensure you are pitching enough, here are a few guidelines. Practicing 3 times per week keeps you the same; 4 days a week or more makes you better. Throw no more than 400 full speed pitches per week.
What is the fastest softball pitch ever?
The fastest recorded softball pitch is 77 mph (123.9 km/h), achieved by Monica Abbott (USA) on 16 June 2012 in a National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) game for the Chicago Bandits against the Carolina Diamonds in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA.
What is the hardest pitch to hit in fastpitch?
4. The Most Devastating Pitch Is… The most effective and devastating pitch in softball is the flip changeup. It is also probably the hardest to truly command, as the release is completely backward and opposite of everything else you throw.
Why do softball pitchers slap their leg?
The slapping of the leg is a technique used by younger pitchers to distract the batter. Slapping the leg can distract the batter as they’re looking for the pitch, and the loud sound can interfere with their concentration.
How Much Should softball pitchers throw?
Softball pitchers, however, frequently average 90-100 pitches per game and can pitch in 5-7 games over a weeklong period.
How long does it take to get good at softball pitching?
“Reason is, it takes a good six months for a player to grasp the concept and become capable of pitching in a game.” The consensus says that there are certain kids who are best suited to become pitchers.
Should 11 year olds throw curve balls?
James Andrews (renowned orthopaedic surgeon and medical director for the Andrews Institute) recommends that youth pitchers refrain from throwing curveballs until they have mastered the fastball and change-up and are at least 14 years old4.
How fast should a 10 year old be pitching?
The average fastball velocity for pitchers 10 years old and younger is between 40-50 mph. The average change up speed for this age group is about 10 mph slower, putting the velocity between 30-40 mph. Pitchers in this age group are playing in the Majors division in Little League.
Should a 10 year old throw a curveball?
The biggest problem with pitchers throwing the curveball at an early age isn’t necessary the risk for injury, but the risk of slowing down the fastball/velocity development process. If it is more important for 10 yrs old to be the highlight of his career, then throw the curve ball.