- 1 What are change ups in softball?
- 2 What is the hardest pitch to hit in softball?
- 3 What is the fastest softball pitch ever?
- 4 How do guys pitch in slow pitch softball?
- 5 Are there different pitches in softball?
- 6 Is softball harder than baseball?
- 7 What is a flip change-up?
- 8 Why does a 2 seam fastball move?
What are change ups in softball?
The change-up is the next pitch that softball pitchers must master following their fastball. For those who aren’t familiar, a change-up is a pitch that is slower than the fastball. As hitters get older and smarter, they will be able to make adjustments to their swing to catch up to speed.
What is the hardest pitch to hit in softball?
4. The Most Devastating Pitch Is… The most effective and devastating pitch in softball is the flip changeup. It is also probably the hardest to truly command, as the release is completely backward and opposite of everything else you throw.
What is the fastest softball pitch ever?
The fastest recorded softball pitch is 77 mph (123.9 km/h), achieved by Monica Abbott (USA) on 16 June 2012 in a National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) game for the Chicago Bandits against the Carolina Diamonds in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA.
How do guys pitch in slow pitch softball?
Pitch and release the ball with your thumb first and your fingers last. Swing the ball forward with an underhand motion. Keep your knuckles facing ahead and moving in the direction of your target. Loosen your grip on the ball with your thumb first and allow the ball to roll over the tips of your knuckles as you pitch.
Are there different pitches in softball?
There are many different pitches which can be thrown, including a two-seam fastball, four-seam fastball, changeup, two different riseballs, two dropballs, curveball, offspeed, screwball, knuckleball and more.
Is softball harder than baseball?
Many people often question if softball is harder than base ball or vise versa. However, it is scientifically proven that softball is harder than baseball. The speed of pitches, the reaction time for hitters and fielders, and the distance of the field indicates that softball is indeed harder than baseball.
What is a flip change-up?
“FLIP” (or TURNAROUND) CHANGE – The “flip” is the most commonly-used method of throwing a change-up, but is also difficult to learn to throw properly. The grip is essentially the same as your fastball grip, but the difference happens during the arm rotation.
Why does a 2 seam fastball move?
Typically, the two-seam has more movement if the pitcher applies index fingertip pressure, or holds the baseball deeper in the hand. Both techniques cause the ball to spin out of the hand off-center and away from the pitcher, similar to the spin of a changeup.