- 1 How do you become a good softball coach?
- 2 What does every softball coach need?
- 3 Is it hard to coach softball?
- 4 How can I make my softball team better?
- 5 What is the hardest position to play in softball?
- 6 What should I do at my first softball practice?
- 7 What should I bring to a softball game?
- 8 What should I put in my softball bag?
- 9 How do you motivate a girl to play softball?
- 10 How do you defend a delayed steal in softball?
- 11 What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
How do you become a good softball coach?
To be a good softball coach, you must earn the trust of all the players by being fair, honest, and challenging. Teach the players how to work together on and off the field. Be encouraging and listen to the players’ concerns. And most importantly, ensure the game is still fun and not just about winning.
What does every softball coach need?
Some of the most common training aids include hitting nets, batting tees, weighted balls and weighted training bats. You will also need to be prepared for game day and bring many of the same items that you bring to practice like batting helmets, fielding faceguards, catcher’s gear, extra bats and extra softballs.
Is it hard to coach softball?
They are extremely hard to coach and require a lot of time from Coaches, which most coaches will not give. They will simply move on to someone who will listen. Start teaching players this fact early and you will help them in the long run. Backing up throws and playing situations is extremely important.
How can I make my softball team better?
Tips to Improve Your Softball Game
- Change Your Grip Up.
- Don’t Second-Guess Your Swing.
- Watch The Ball.
- Swing With Your Hips.
- Touch EVERY Base!
- Never Stop Paying Attention!
- Use Two Hands To Collect The Ball Whenever You Can.
- Make A Plan Pre-Pitch.
What is the hardest position to play in softball?
The shortstop has many responsibilities, including catching and fielding, and are very versatile and agile players. This is perhaps the most difficult position on the field. The remaining base is reserved for the third baseman. This area is the corner diagonally opposite the first base.
What should I do at my first softball practice?
Emphasize proper fielding, throwing and hitting on this inaugural day, and make sure to keep the drills simple, positive and fun. A great way to keep your players interested in practice is to add teamwork, competition and enjoyment to the drills.
What should I bring to a softball game?
For the Games:
- Cooler. While many tournament rules do not allow coolers on the fields, you should be able to keep one in your car.
- Bug Repellant. Summers can be hot and humid and that means bugs!
- Lip Balm.
- Fold Up Chair.
- Canopy or Umbrella.
- Hand Wipes and Hand Sanitizer.
What should I put in my softball bag?
Ah, your favorite part of the softball equipment list, making sure you have all your goodies and accessories ready to go in your Bat Bag.
- Eye Black.
- Water Bottle.
- Gum stash.
- Sunflower Seeds.
- Extra hair elastics/headbands.
- Sunscreen/sunscreen lip balm.
- Bug Repellant.
- Microfiber cloth to clean glasses (if you wear those)
How do you motivate a girl to play softball?
This could be something softball related, or it could be something off the field entirely. A good thing to do before a practice is to go around and check in with each player. Encourage the players to share one or two facts about them or something new. For example, share your favorite movie and your favorite dessert.
How do you defend a delayed steal in softball?
- The delay steal is most effective when the middle infielders don’t move toward second base after each pitch. Or if the catcher is throwing from her knees, or being lazy getting the ball back to the pitcher.
- The shuffle steps allow the baserunner to move toward second without over-committing.
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.