- 1 How do you size a fastpitch softball bat?
- 2 How do I choose a fastpitch softball bat?
- 3 What size softball bat should a girl use?
- 4 What size bat should I use for my height?
- 5 What is the best fastpitch softball bat for 2020?
- 6 What softball bat is legal for high school?
- 7 What does the drop on a softball bat mean?
- 8 What weight of softball bat should I use?
- 9 What bats drop 13 year olds?
- 10 What weight bat should I use?
How do you size a fastpitch softball bat?
There are three ways to measure whether a bat is the right length: Place the bat knob at the center of your chest and extend the barrel out toward your fingertips. If you can touch the end of the bat with your fingertips, the bat is an appropriate size.
How do I choose a fastpitch softball bat?
The key to finding a good Fastpitch bat is getting the perfect size and weight that fits you. Fastpitch softball bats range from 26 – 34” long. Fastpitch softball bats have a drop weight ranging from -8 to -13. The drop weight indicates the length to weight ratio.
What size softball bat should a girl use?
Narrow down the bat length based on the girl’s height and weight. For example, if she weighs less than 60 lbs. (27.2 kg) and is 36-40 inches tall (91-102 cm), she should probably use a bat that is about 26 inches (66 cm) long. Check the bat length by measuring it against the girl’s body.
What size bat should I use for my height?
The bat length they suggest is by height. A 4’6″ should have a 27 or 28-inch bat, and a 5’10” player should have between a 30 and 34-inch bat.
What is the best fastpitch softball bat for 2020?
BEST FASTPITCH SOFTBALL BATS
- Easton Ghost Advanced 2020. The 2020 Ghost Advanced Bat provides players with a barrel that’s longer, lighter and stronger than ever before to help hitters consistently rake at the dish.
- DeMarini Prism 2020.
- Louisville Slugger Xeno X20.
- DeMarini CF 2020.
- Louisville Slugger LXT X20.
What softball bat is legal for high school?
As a general rule, all fast pitch softball bats must have a 2 1/4 inch barrel diameter and must not be over 34 inches in length and 31 1/2 oz in weight. Bats must also be marked with the USA/ASA Certified stamp.
What does the drop on a softball bat mean?
• The drop is the difference between the length of the bat and the weight of the bat. For. example if a bat is 30 in. long and weighs 20 oz. then the drop is 10.
What weight of softball bat should I use?
Most models come in 26 oz., 27 oz., 28 oz., and 30 oz. Bigger players looking to swing for the fence should look for a bat in the 28 oz to 30 oz range. Smaller or average sized players or those looking for more bat speed should use a bat in the 25 to 27 oz.
What bats drop 13 year olds?
Weight drops vary in Senior League baseball, but players 10 years old and under often use -10 weight drop bat. Players 12 years old and under often use a -8 weight drop, and 13 year old players often use a -5 weight drop.
What weight bat should I use?
Choosing the Correct Weight Youth Bat: Weigh Him/Her In general: Children under 60 pounds should swing a bat between 26 and 29 inches long. Children weighing more than 70 pounds should swing a bat ranging from 28 to 32 inches long.