- 1 What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
- 2 What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
- 3 What is the correct stance in softball?
- 4 What is a good bat speed for softball?
- 5 How can I increase my batting power?
- 6 How do I make my softball bat hit farther?
- 7 Why do I keep missing the ball in softball?
- 8 Is softball harder than baseball?
What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
5 Tips on Softball Hitting Techniques
- Tip 1 – Grip. When gripping the bat, the hitter applies pressure with the fingers, not the palms.
- Tip 2 – Hand Position. The hands start close to the body about three to four inches in front of the chest and between the shoulders.
- Tip 3 – Swing.
- Tip 4 – Contact.
- Tip 5 – Follow – Through.
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.
What is the correct stance in softball?
To be a successful hitter you need to start in a relaxed, balanced stance. An athletic stance involves: Spreading your feet wider than shoulder-width apart. Pointing your toes slightly inward, with the weight of your body on the inside part of your feet and forward on the balls of your feet.
What is a good bat speed for softball?
The test protocol requires the athlete to use their game bat to hit 5 line drives off a batting tee into a net. The bat speed is recorded in mph. Average bat speed for high school softball is approximately 55 mph; NCAA softball is approximately 70 mph.
How can I increase my batting power?
Four Ways to Generate Cricket Bat Speed for Power Hitting
- Having a high backlift during stance: Having a high backlift during batting stance allows for increased angular acceleration to be generated during the impact with the ball.
- Playing with a Backswing:
- Aligning the Body:
- Optimizing Bat Weight:
- Measuring Bat Speed:
How do I make my softball bat hit farther?
You can shave aluminum or composite softball bats. Shaving a bat removes material from the barrel, resulting in thinner walls. These thinner walls will compress and spring back with more force than a regular bat. This extra force can increase the speed and distance of your hits.
Why do I keep missing the ball in softball?
Usually because you are trying to hit the ball where you see it, rather than the point where you would be making good contact. Good baseball hitters realize that when they see a good pitch, they are not supposed to swing at where the ball.
Is softball harder than baseball?
Many people often question if softball is harder than base ball or vise versa. However, it is scientifically proven that softball is harder than baseball. The speed of pitches, the reaction time for hitters and fielders, and the distance of the field indicates that softball is indeed harder than baseball.