- 1 Why can’t I hit a homerun in softball?
- 2 What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
- 3 Can you hit a homerun in softball?
- 4 Do end loaded bats hit farther?
- 5 What is the hardest position to play in softball?
- 6 What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
- 7 What is the best batting stance for softball?
Why can’t I hit a homerun in softball?
If you play slow pitch softball and you find that you aren’t hitting home runs, it may be because the pitches are too slow. Also, not every pitch in your strike zone is the right one for a home run. Practicing at the batting cages can help you figure out which pitches are best for you to hit home runs.
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.
Can you hit a homerun in softball?
Strength, hand-eye coordination, timing and athleticism are all factors that come into play when attempting to hit a home run in softball. Your hands and arms will send the bat through the hitting zone. However, the power will come from your hips when you swing. You must pivot your hips with quickness and purpose.
Do end loaded bats hit farther?
“The closer to the end of the bat – the more end loaded and it will be heavier to swing (large MOI). “It’s about control of the swing and putting the bat where it need to be to hit the ball.
What is the hardest position to play in softball?
The shortstop has many responsibilities, including catching and fielding, and are very versatile and agile players. This is perhaps the most difficult position on the field. The remaining base is reserved for the third baseman. This area is the corner diagonally opposite the first base.
What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
5 Tips on Softball Hitting Techniques
- Tip 1 – Grip. When gripping the bat, the hitter applies pressure with the fingers, not the palms.
- Tip 2 – Hand Position. The hands start close to the body about three to four inches in front of the chest and between the shoulders.
- Tip 3 – Swing.
- Tip 4 – Contact.
- Tip 5 – Follow – Through.
What is the best batting stance for softball?
To be a successful hitter you need to start in a relaxed, balanced stance. An athletic stance involves: Spreading your feet wider than shoulder-width apart. Pointing your toes slightly inward, with the weight of your body on the inside part of your feet and forward on the balls of your feet.