- 1 How do you become a good softball coach?
- 2 What does every softball coach need?
- 3 What is the hardest position to play in softball?
- 4 Is it hard to coach softball?
- 5 What should I put in my softball bag?
- 6 What should I bring to a softball game?
- 7 What equipment do you need for softball?
- 8 What age is coach pitch?
- 9 Is 8U softball coach pitch?
- 10 How can I hit better in softball?
- 11 How do you motivate a girl to play softball?
- 12 How do you make softball practice fun?
How do you become a good softball coach?
To be a good softball coach, you must earn the trust of all the players by being fair, honest, and challenging. Teach the players how to work together on and off the field. Be encouraging and listen to the players’ concerns. And most importantly, ensure the game is still fun and not just about winning.
What does every softball coach need?
Some of the most common training aids include hitting nets, batting tees, weighted balls and weighted training bats. You will also need to be prepared for game day and bring many of the same items that you bring to practice like batting helmets, fielding faceguards, catcher’s gear, extra bats and extra softballs.
What is the hardest position to play in softball?
The shortstop has many responsibilities, including catching and fielding, and are very versatile and agile players. This is perhaps the most difficult position on the field. The remaining base is reserved for the third baseman. This area is the corner diagonally opposite the first base.
Is it hard to coach softball?
They are extremely hard to coach and require a lot of time from Coaches, which most coaches will not give. They will simply move on to someone who will listen. Start teaching players this fact early and you will help them in the long run. Backing up throws and playing situations is extremely important.
What should I put in my softball bag?
Ah, your favorite part of the softball equipment list, making sure you have all your goodies and accessories ready to go in your Bat Bag.
- Eye Black.
- Water Bottle.
- Gum stash.
- Sunflower Seeds.
- Extra hair elastics/headbands.
- Sunscreen/sunscreen lip balm.
- Bug Repellant.
- Microfiber cloth to clean glasses (if you wear those)
What should I bring to a softball game?
For the Games:
- Cooler. While many tournament rules do not allow coolers on the fields, you should be able to keep one in your car.
- Bug Repellant. Summers can be hot and humid and that means bugs!
- Lip Balm.
- Fold Up Chair.
- Canopy or Umbrella.
- Hand Wipes and Hand Sanitizer.
What equipment do you need for softball?
Softball Gear List
- Ball. The ball used for softball is round and about 11-12 inches in circumference.
- Bat. Right after the ball, the most essential piece of equipment is the bat.
- Glove. There are two types of gloves in softball.
- Catcher’s Gear.
What age is coach pitch?
This is also known as “coach pitch” and is for players age 5-7 that have played at least one year of Rookie Level (T-ball) or for 8 year olds with no other experience.
Is 8U softball coach pitch?
Players do not pitch in an 8U league. Pitching is done by the coach for her team, which is why some 8U leagues are called “coach pitch” leagues. The opposing team’s “pitcher” stands next to the coach on the pitcher’s plate ready to field a batted ball.
How can I hit better in softball?
Tips to Improve Your Softball Game
- Change Your Grip Up.
- Don’t Second-Guess Your Swing.
- Watch The Ball.
- Swing With Your Hips.
- Touch EVERY Base!
- Never Stop Paying Attention!
- Use Two Hands To Collect The Ball Whenever You Can.
- Make A Plan Pre-Pitch.
How do you motivate a girl to play softball?
This could be something softball related, or it could be something off the field entirely. A good thing to do before a practice is to go around and check in with each player. Encourage the players to share one or two facts about them or something new. For example, share your favorite movie and your favorite dessert.
How do you make softball practice fun?
From basics to more complex exercises, these effective drills will get players moving and having fun.
- Hitting Drill: Colored Balls.
- Fielding Drill: King of the Hill.
- Fielding Drill: Know Your Spot.
- Fielding/Hitting/Footwork Drill: Fungo Forceback.
- Throwing/Running Drill: 3, 2, 1 Run.