- 1 Is Slow Pitch Softball easy?
- 2 What is the fastest softball pitch ever?
- 3 What is the hardest position to play in softball?
- 4 What’s the easiest position in softball?
- 5 What is the most dangerous position in softball?
- 6 How many fingers does it take for a proper softball grip?
- 7 What was Jennie Finch’s fastest pitch?
- 8 What is the fastest pitch ever thrown by a woman?
Is Slow Pitch Softball easy?
Slow-pitch softball is easier to hit due to ball’s slow pace but it also requires extra force to hit it down to a longer distance. There are various slow pitch softball hitting techniques that batter can use to one-up the pitcher.
What is the fastest softball pitch ever?
The fastest recorded softball pitch is 77 mph (123.9 km/h), achieved by Monica Abbott (USA) on 16 June 2012 in a National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) game for the Chicago Bandits against the Carolina Diamonds in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA.
What is the hardest position to play in softball?
The shortstop has many responsibilities, including catching and fielding, and are very versatile and agile players. This is perhaps the most difficult position on the field. The remaining base is reserved for the third baseman. This area is the corner diagonally opposite the first base.
What’s the easiest position in softball?
What is the easiest position in softball? Right field, because young players don’t hit the ball very far in the air, and because 80% of athletes are right handed, fewer hard-hit fly balls will go to the opposite field (right field for a right-handed hitter).
What is the most dangerous position in softball?
Re: What is the most dangerous position on the field?
- Batters and pitchers had the highest absolute number of injuries due to impact with a batted ball in games.
- A total of 22% of the total game injuries to pitchers occurred from batted balls, and about one third of game injuries to third basemen involved batted balls.
How many fingers does it take for a proper softball grip?
The basic grip is both hands on the bat (i.e. all fingers are on the bat) and is sometimes referred to as the “ Ten Finger ” grip. This is most common grip by baseball players. In softball we are restricted to a maximum of 34” bat length unlike baseball which allows up to 42” in length.
What was Jennie Finch’s fastest pitch?
Jennie Finch’s underhand fastball pitch comes in at around 68 mph. The secret of her success.
- A Major League hitter on a baseball diamond has more “time” to see the ball, even though that view is for milliseconds.
- However, against a pitcher like Jennie Finch, that window just isn’t the same.
What is the fastest pitch ever thrown by a woman?
The Guinness World Book of Records says the fastest pitch ever thrown by a female player was 69 m.p.h. (111 km/h).