- 1 How heavy should my softball bat be?
- 2 How do you pick a softball bat?
- 3 What is the best weight for a slow pitch softball bat?
- 4 What weight of bat should I use?
- 5 Does a heavier softball bat hit farther?
- 6 What is the best fastpitch softball bat for 2020?
- 7 What drop softball bat should I get?
- 8 What does drop 10 mean on a softball bat?
- 9 What makes a slow pitch softball bat illegal?
- 10 What’s the hottest softball bat on the market?
- 11 Is a balanced or end loaded bat better?
- 12 Does a heavier bat mean more power?
- 13 Do any MLB players use a 32 inch bat?
- 14 What bats drop 13 year olds?
How heavy should my softball bat be?
Most models come in 26 oz., 27 oz., 28 oz., and 30 oz. Bigger players looking to swing for the fence should look for a bat in the 28 oz to 30 oz range. Smaller or average sized players or those looking for more bat speed should use a bat in the 25 to 27 oz.
How do you pick a softball bat?
Place the bat knob at the center of your chest and extend the barrel out toward your fingertips. If you can touch the end of the bat with your fingertips, the bat is an appropriate size.
What is the best weight for a slow pitch softball bat?
Since slowpitch bats have a set length of 34 inches, they are not often referred to by weight drop and recommended weight is a matter of preference. Most slowpitch bats weigh between 26 and 30 ounces.
What weight of bat should I use?
Weight drops vary in Senior League baseball, but players 10 years old and under often use -10 weight drop bat. Players 11-12 years old will often use a -8 weight drop, and 13 year old players often use a -5 weight drop. These are recommendations.
Does a heavier softball bat hit farther?
Doubling the mass of the bat results in an increase of almost 12mph. So, using a heavier bat should result in faster hit balls, which means the hit ball will travel farther.
What is the best fastpitch softball bat for 2020?
BEST FASTPITCH SOFTBALL BATS
- Easton Ghost Advanced 2020. The 2020 Ghost Advanced Bat provides players with a barrel that’s longer, lighter and stronger than ever before to help hitters consistently rake at the dish.
- DeMarini Prism 2020.
- Louisville Slugger Xeno X20.
- DeMarini CF 2020.
- Louisville Slugger LXT X20.
What drop softball bat should I get?
To determine a softball bat’s drop weight, you take the length minus the weight. For example, a 30-inch softball bat that weighs 20-ounces would have a drop of 10. If your arms feel tired and the bat feels heavy, you’ll want to try the next highest drop weight.
What does drop 10 mean on a softball bat?
Drop weight is the difference between the length and weight of the bat, so a bat that is 30 inches long and has a drop weight of -10 will weigh 20 ounces. The bigger the drop weight is, the lighter the bat will weigh.
What makes a slow pitch softball bat illegal?
Bats that are broken, altered or that deface the ball are illegal. Materials inside the bat or treatments/devices used to alter the bat specifications and/or enhance performance (e.g., shaving, rolling or artificially warming the bat barrel) are prohibited and render the bat illegal.
What’s the hottest softball bat on the market?
Hottest Softball Bats Of 2020
- Ghost Advanced. The Ghost Advanced made its debut on January 16 and began selling like crazy shortly after due to the popularity of the earlier models of the Ghost bat known for insane pop.
- Louisville Slugger Xeno 2020.
- DeMarini Prism 2020.
- Louisville Slugger LXT 2020.
- Easton Ghost 2020.
Is a balanced or end loaded bat better?
End -loaded bats shift extra weight toward the end of the barrel, creating more whip-like action on a player’s swing and generating more power. Balanced bats have a more even weight distribution, allowing for potentially greater swing speed for many hitters.
Does a heavier bat mean more power?
Weight: Bigger, stronger players tend to prefer a heavier bat for maximum power. Smaller players usually benefit from a lighter bat that allows greater bat speed. To determine the right weight for you, swing a variety of bats and see how much weight feels comfortable.
Do any MLB players use a 32 inch bat?
The Shortest MLB Baseball Bat The shortest MLB game-used bat we have yet to find is a Tony Gwynn’s bat measuring just over 32 inches at 32 1/4. Yet the reality that the best hitter in the modern day game swung a 32-inch bat, may help a number of high school players recognize those 33 and 34 inch bats are just too big.
What bats drop 13 year olds?
Weight drops vary in Senior League baseball, but players 10 years old and under often use -10 weight drop bat. Players 12 years old and under often use a -8 weight drop, and 13 year old players often use a -5 weight drop.