- 1 What size are ASA softballs?
- 2 What softballs are used in ASA?
- 3 What is 10U in softball?
- 4 What is the difference between 10U and 12U softball?
- 5 What are the sizes of softballs?
- 6 What are the two types of softball game?
- 7 What’s the best ASA softball balls?
- 8 What age uses 11 inch softballs?
- 9 What softballs go the farthest?
- 10 Can a 13 year old play 12U softball?
- 11 Can you steal in 10U softball?
- 12 What does U mean in softball position?
- 13 How fast do softball pitchers throw?
- 14 What does 13U mean in softball?
- 15 How far away is the mound in softball?
What size are ASA softballs?
The league you’re in will determine which size softball is appropriate for play. Generally, competitive league softballs range from 10″-12″, while some slow pitch city leagues can use softballs as large as 16″. For youngsters, softballs are usually 11″ or 12″.
What softballs are used in ASA?
ASA Approved Softballs
- $75.95. A32-421. Rawlings C11RYSA 11″ ASA Dream Seam.47/375 Synthetic Softballs.
- $75.95. A32-422. Rawlings C12RYSA 12″ ASA Dream Seam.47/375 Synthetic Softballs.
- $91.95. A33-300.
- $58.95. A33-328.
- $89.95. A32-409.
- $76.95. A32-406.
- $76.95. A32-405.
- $47.95. A32-413.
What is 10U in softball?
10U Softball Description: Players 9 & 10 years of age. 9 players are used on the field. There is a mandatory two inning defensive play rule. In addition, each team member must play an infield position at least one inning of each game.
What is the difference between 10U and 12U softball?
In summary: Pitching distance for 10U is 35 ft., for 12U it’s 40 ft., and for 13U and up it’s 43 ft. The 13-year-old pitcher will be used to the increased distance already.
What are the sizes of softballs?
Softballs come in 11-inch, 12-inch and 16-inch sizes. Softballs vary in size according to the type of softball game that is being played.
What are the two types of softball game?
Softball is a variation of baseball that’s enjoyed by people of all ages. It features most of the fundamental basics and rules of baseball, only with a larger, softer and heavier ball. It’s important to note, however, that there are two different types of softball: fastpitch and slowpitch.
What’s the best ASA softball balls?
10 Best Asa Softballs
- Wilson. Wilson ASA Fastpitch Softball.
- Rawlings. Rawlings Sporting Goods C12RYLAH Official ASA Dream Seam Fast Pitch Softballs (One Dozen)
- DUDLEY. DUDLEY ASA Thunder SY Fastpitch Softball – 12 Pack, yellow, “12””” (4A913YA)
- Trump/Evil Sports.
What age uses 11 inch softballs?
47 COR with a compression rating of 375 lbs. maximum and is designed for Little League softball play. 11″ is for ages 12 and below.
What softballs go the farthest?
Softballs are rated based on two metrics – Coefficient Of Restitution (COR – pronounced like core) and compression. COR represents how “bouncy” the ball is. The higher the COR, the more bouncy the ball is and, generally, the farther it will fly.
Can a 13 year old play 12U softball?
The first important aspect involves the age of the girls. Like all age groups, 12U can span an almost 3 year interval. That’s because the girl who turns 11 December 31st is playing with or against the girl who turns 13 January 1.
Can you steal in 10U softball?
Stealing. While stealing a base is allowed in 10U fastpitch softball, there are some limitations and restrictions on the type of steals. Each runner can only steal one base per inning. Base runners standing on third base are not permitted to steal home plate.
What does U mean in softball position?
The “U” stands for “ unassisted ”. SAC A batter sacrifices to advance a runner already on base. This usually occurs when a player bunts or sacrifice slap hits with runners on base and makes an out (note that there is no slap hitting in baseball).
How fast do softball pitchers throw?
What’s more, thanks to liberal rules, softball pitchers release the ball from even closer than that, slightly less than 40 feet—about 20 feet closer than a baseball pitcher. Top softball pitchers like Jennie Finch can throw roughly 70 miles per hour, the equivalent of a low-90s fastball thrown from 60 feet away.
What does 13U mean in softball?
Q: When is the Baseball birth date cutoff/age ranges? A: Player age group is based on birth year. This is commonly known as “January 1 Cutoff.” 13U and older are “Prep” age groups.
How far away is the mound in softball?
Home to front of pitching rubber — In high school and college softball, the distance from home plate to the front of the pitching rubber in the middle of the pitcher’s mound is 43 feet exactly. The pitching rubber itself is a white slab that is 24 inches long by 6 inches wide.