- 1 What are good stats for softball?
- 2 What is a good softball batting average?
- 3 What is a good overhand throw speed for softball?
- 4 What is a good home to first in softball?
- 5 What is the fastest softball pitch ever?
- 6 Who is #1 softball player?
- 7 What does C mean in softball fielding stats?
- 8 How fast do d1 softball pitchers throw?
- 9 Is 600 a good batting average?
- 10 Is a 500 batting average good?
- 11 How fast should a softball pitcher throw?
- 12 How hard do softball pitchers throw?
What are good stats for softball?
What softball measurables do college coaches look for in a pitcher?
- Height: 5’9” or taller.
- Pitch velocity: 63+ MPH.
- Command of at least 4 pitches: fastball, changeup, multiple movement pitches.
- ERA: below 2.50.
- Strikeouts: 1 or more per inning pitched.
- Walks: 1-2 per game or fewer.
What is a good softball batting average?
333. Batting average is a measure of how likely a player is to get a hit whenever they step up to the plate. A batting average over. 300 is considered really good.
What is a good overhand throw speed for softball?
Throwing Velocity measured by the use of a radar gun Maximum throwing velocity is recorded in mph. Average overhand throwing velocity for high school softball is approximately 48 mph; NCAA softball is approximately 57 mph.
What is a good home to first in softball?
My top 14U players home to first time is about 3 seconds. I consider anything under 3.2 to be fast and 3.3 – 3.5 to be the average. Anything over 3.5 would be slow. For a 9 YO I would add about a second to these times.
What is the fastest softball pitch ever?
The fastest recorded softball pitch is 77 mph (123.9 km/h), achieved by Monica Abbott (USA) on 16 June 2012 in a National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) game for the Chicago Bandits against the Carolina Diamonds in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA.
Who is #1 softball player?
482), Jocelyn Alo is the 2021 USA Player of the Year. OKLAHOMA CITY –– USA Softball, the National Governing Body of Softball in the United States, announced today that the University of Oklahoma’s Jocelyn Alo has been named the 2021 USA Softball Collegiate Player of the Year.
What does C mean in softball fielding stats?
LOB: Runners left on base. PIK: Runners picked off. SB: Stolen bases allowed. CS: Runners caught stealing.
How fast do d1 softball pitchers throw?
Division 1: 63 MPH or faster. Division 2: 58 MPH or faster. Division 3 and NAIA: 55 MPH or faster.
Is 600 a good batting average?
Out of those 600 at bats you reached base successfully by a base hit 200 times. 333 which also means you get a base hit 33.3% of time which is also a very nice average if you’re a major league ball player.
Is a 500 batting average good?
It’s based on a scale average of 1000 at bats. So if you bat. 500, it means you’re getting a hit half the time, which is unheard of. It’s very good.
How fast should a softball pitcher throw?
Pitchers throw the ball with an underhand motion at speeds up to 77 miles per hour (124 km/h) for women and up to 105 miles per hour (169 km/h) for men. The pitching style of fastpitch is different from that of slowpitch softball.
How hard do softball pitchers throw?
What’s more, thanks to liberal rules, softball pitchers release the ball from even closer than that, slightly less than 40 feet—about 20 feet closer than a baseball pitcher. Top softball pitchers like Jennie Finch can throw roughly 70 miles per hour, the equivalent of a low-90s fastball thrown from 60 feet away.