- 1 How do I teach my daughter to play softball?
- 2 What is the fastest softball pitch ever?
- 3 What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
- 4 What are the two types of softball games?
- 5 What are the basic skills in softball?
- 6 How much softball Pitching is too much?
- 7 What is the fastest underhand pitch ever thrown?
- 8 What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
- 9 What are some tips for softball?
How do I teach my daughter to play softball?
Softball Parents – Here’s How You Can Help Your Daughter
- Get the Right Equipment.
- Get Properly Fitting Equipment.
- Be Supportive.
- Be the Parent, Not the Coach.
- Remind Your Daughter She’s Playing a Game.
- Encourage Practice at Home.
- Turn Drills into Games.
What is the fastest softball pitch ever?
The fastest recorded softball pitch is 77 mph (123.9 km/h), achieved by Monica Abbott (USA) on 16 June 2012 in a National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) game for the Chicago Bandits against the Carolina Diamonds in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA.
What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
5 Tips on Softball Hitting Techniques
- Tip 1 – Grip. When gripping the bat, the hitter applies pressure with the fingers, not the palms.
- Tip 2 – Hand Position. The hands start close to the body about three to four inches in front of the chest and between the shoulders.
- Tip 3 – Swing.
- Tip 4 – Contact.
- Tip 5 – Follow – Through.
What are the two types of softball games?
There are three types of softball: fastpitch, modified and slow pitch.
What are the basic skills in softball?
The basic skills for any player involved in softball are; throwing, catching, hitting for contact, hitting for power, and running. They are often referred to as the “five tools” because they are the five things that coaches and scouts look for in softball position players.
How much softball Pitching is too much?
One hundred pitches per day is way too many for younger pitchers (under the age of 12). Pitchers over the age of 12 usually start to develop the body to be able to throw 100 pitches. If one is the primary pitcher, and she pitches three or more games in a tournament, extra practice will set her up for an overuse injury.
What is the fastest underhand pitch ever thrown?
Feigner threw a softball harder than any major league pitcher has ever thrown a baseball. His underhand fastball was once timed at 104 mph — or, according to some accounts, 114 mph. The fastest documented pitch ever thrown by a major league pitcher is 103 mph.
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.
What are some tips for softball?
Tips to Improve Your Softball Game
- Change Your Grip Up.
- Don’t Second-Guess Your Swing.
- Watch The Ball.
- Swing With Your Hips.
- Touch EVERY Base!
- Never Stop Paying Attention!
- Use Two Hands To Collect The Ball Whenever You Can.
- Make A Plan Pre-Pitch.