- 1 What weight softball bat should I use?
- 2 What size softball bat should a girl use?
- 3 Is a heavier softball bat better?
- 4 Is a lighter softball bat better?
- 5 What is the best fastpitch softball bat for 2020?
- 6 How do I know what size softball bat I need?
- 7 What does drop 10 mean on a softball bat?
- 8 What softball bat is legal for high school?
- 9 What does end loaded softball bat mean?
- 10 Do heavier bats hit farther?
- 11 How do I make my softball bat lighter?
- 12 How do you pick a slow pitch softball bat weight?
- 13 What is the lightest slowpitch softball bat?
What weight softball bat should I use?
Most models come in 26 oz., 27 oz., 28 oz., and 30 oz. Bigger players looking to swing for the fence should look for a bat in the 28 oz to 30 oz range. Smaller or average sized players or those looking for more bat speed should use a bat in the 25 to 27 oz.
What size softball bat should a girl use?
Narrow down the bat length based on the girl’s height and weight. For example, if she weighs less than 60 lbs. (27.2 kg) and is 36-40 inches tall (91-102 cm), she should probably use a bat that is about 26 inches (66 cm) long. Check the bat length by measuring it against the girl’s body.
Is a heavier softball bat better?
1) Softball Bat Weight As a general rule, bigger, stronger players usually prefer a heavier bat for maximum power. Smaller players usually benefit from a lighter bat that allows greater bat speed.
Is a lighter softball bat better?
Faster Swings Swinging a lighter bat at an increased velocity is more beneficial than swinging a heavier bat at a slower speed.
What is the best fastpitch softball bat for 2020?
BEST FASTPITCH SOFTBALL BATS
- Easton Ghost Advanced 2020. The 2020 Ghost Advanced Bat provides players with a barrel that’s longer, lighter and stronger than ever before to help hitters consistently rake at the dish.
- DeMarini Prism 2020.
- Louisville Slugger Xeno X20.
- DeMarini CF 2020.
- Louisville Slugger LXT X20.
How do I know what size softball bat I need?
There are three ways to measure whether a bat is the right length: Place the bat knob at the center of your chest and extend the barrel out toward your fingertips. If you can touch the end of the bat with your fingertips, the bat should be an appropriate size.
What does drop 10 mean on a softball bat?
Drop weight is the difference between the length and weight of the bat, so a bat that is 30 inches long and has a drop weight of -10 will weigh 20 ounces. The bigger the drop weight is, the lighter the bat will weigh.
What softball bat is legal for high school?
As a general rule, all fast pitch softball bats must have a 2 1/4 inch barrel diameter and must not be over 34 inches in length and 31 1/2 oz in weight. Bats must also be marked with the USA/ASA Certified stamp.
What does end loaded softball bat mean?
An end loaded bat is one that has a portion of its weight distributed towards the end of the barrel. While end loaded bats are more difficult to control through the swing path, they can produce an increase in power generated on-contact. This is done by focusing the weight distribution to the hitting zone of the barrel.
Do heavier bats hit farther?
Doubling the mass of the bat results in an increase of almost 12mph. So, using a heavier bat should result in faster hit balls, which means the hit ball will travel farther.
How do I make my softball bat lighter?
Inside the open end of the bat, put 1 or 2 tennis balls. The tennis balls will also add weight to the bat. Lastly, glue the end cap to its original location. Bat shaving and rolling both makes the softball bat lighter.
How do you pick a slow pitch softball bat weight?
= weight drop. As a general rule of thumb, the higher the competition or league level (meaning, from youth league up to the pros) the lesser the weight drop. A lesser weight drop means the bat feels heavier. So a -5 bat will feel heavier than a -10 bat.
What is the lightest slowpitch softball bat?
If you need an even lighter bat, however, the DeMarini Mercy slowpitch softball bat, for instance, is super lightweight, weighing in at 25 oz. 27 or 28 oz bats are relatively standard for men. However, elite players may use bats that weigh as much as 30 oz.