- 1 How do I choose a fastpitch softball bat?
- 2 How do you size a fastpitch softball bat?
- 3 What is the best fastpitch softball bat for 2020?
- 4 What does the drop on a softball bat mean?
- 5 What bats drop 13 year olds?
- 6 What size softball bat should a 7 year old use?
- 7 Is the Easton ghost softball bat legal?
- 8 Which Easton ghost bat is illegal?
- 9 Does a heavier softball bat hit farther?
- 10 Can you use a slow pitch bat in fastpitch softball?
- 11 What size bat should my daughter use for softball?
How do I choose a fastpitch softball bat?
The key to finding a good Fastpitch bat is getting the perfect size and weight that fits you. Fastpitch softball bats range from 26 – 34” long. Fastpitch softball bats have a drop weight ranging from -8 to -13. The drop weight indicates the length to weight ratio.
How do you size a fastpitch softball bat?
There are three ways to measure whether a bat is the right length: Place the bat knob at the center of your chest and extend the barrel out toward your fingertips. If you can touch the end of the bat with your fingertips, the bat is an appropriate size.
What is the best fastpitch softball bat for 2020?
BEST FASTPITCH SOFTBALL BATS
- Easton Ghost Advanced 2020. The 2020 Ghost Advanced Bat provides players with a barrel that’s longer, lighter and stronger than ever before to help hitters consistently rake at the dish.
- DeMarini Prism 2020.
- Louisville Slugger Xeno X20.
- DeMarini CF 2020.
- Louisville Slugger LXT X20.
What does the drop on a softball bat mean?
• The drop is the difference between the length of the bat and the weight of the bat. For. example if a bat is 30 in. long and weighs 20 oz. then the drop is 10.
What bats drop 13 year olds?
Weight drops vary in Senior League baseball, but players 10 years old and under often use -10 weight drop bat. Players 12 years old and under often use a -8 weight drop, and 13 year old players often use a -5 weight drop.
What size softball bat should a 7 year old use?
Bat Size Chart for 7-Year-Old The right bat size for a 7-year-old, as determined by most common, is a 27-inch length and 17-ounce bat. There are more using a 28/18 than a 26/16, but it’s close.
Is the Easton ghost softball bat legal?
Yes, the Easton Ghost Double Barrel -10 USSSA Fastpitch Softball Bat: FP19GHU10 has the USSSA 1.20 stamp that makes it a legal bat for USFA play.
Which Easton ghost bat is illegal?
Effective immediately the Easton YBB18GX10 Ghost X-30, Easton’s new 2018 baseball bat made for the new USA Baseball regulations, has been decertified in the 30” -10 size.
Does a heavier softball bat hit farther?
Doubling the mass of the bat results in an increase of almost 12mph. So, using a heavier bat should result in faster hit balls, which means the hit ball will travel farther.
Can you use a slow pitch bat in fastpitch softball?
Technically, you could use a slow pitch softball bat in a fastpitch game without ruining the bat. However, since bats are made specifically for the game or League they’re used in, the slow pitch bat would not hit the ball as well because of the larger weight. Amateur Softball Association – ASA (Softball)
What size bat should my daughter use for softball?
Narrow down the bat length based on the girl’s height and weight. For example, if she weighs less than 60 lbs. (27.2 kg) and is 36-40 inches tall (91-102 cm), she should probably use a bat that is about 26 inches (66 cm) long. Check the bat length by measuring it against the girl’s body.