- 1 What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
- 2 Does a heavier softball bat hit farther?
- 3 Why can’t I hit a slow pitch softball?
- 4 What is a good batting average in slow pitch softball?
- 5 What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
- 6 How can I increase my batting power?
- 7 Does a heavier bat mean more power?
- 8 How heavy should my softball bat be?
- 9 What is the best softball bat for 2020?
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.
Does a heavier softball bat hit farther?
Doubling the mass of the bat results in an increase of almost 12mph. So, using a heavier bat should result in faster hit balls, which means the hit ball will travel farther.
Why can’t I hit a slow pitch softball?
One common reason players can’t hit a slow pitch softball is because they are using the wrong bat. You want to have good control over the bat and feel comfortable using it. The size of the bat will not affect how far you hit the ball as much as making square contact with the ball and how fast you swing the bat.
What is a good batting average in slow pitch softball?
70% is a solid performer for slow pitch. Depending on the league, it could be very good (a top tier men’s league) and 70% would be outstanding but most “rec leagues” would have most of the good players in the 75–80% range with the “all stars” higher than that!
What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
5 Tips on Softball Hitting Techniques
- Tip 1 – Grip. When gripping the bat, the hitter applies pressure with the fingers, not the palms.
- Tip 2 – Hand Position. The hands start close to the body about three to four inches in front of the chest and between the shoulders.
- Tip 3 – Swing.
- Tip 4 – Contact.
- Tip 5 – Follow – Through.
How can I increase my batting power?
Four Ways to Generate Cricket Bat Speed for Power Hitting
- Having a high backlift during stance: Having a high backlift during batting stance allows for increased angular acceleration to be generated during the impact with the ball.
- Playing with a Backswing:
- Aligning the Body:
- Optimizing Bat Weight:
- Measuring Bat Speed:
Does a heavier bat mean more power?
Weight: Bigger, stronger players tend to prefer a heavier bat for maximum power. Smaller players usually benefit from a lighter bat that allows greater bat speed. To determine the right weight for you, swing a variety of bats and see how much weight feels comfortable.
How heavy should my softball bat be?
Most models come in 26 oz., 27 oz., 28 oz., and 30 oz. Bigger players looking to swing for the fence should look for a bat in the 28 oz to 30 oz range. Smaller or average sized players or those looking for more bat speed should use a bat in the 25 to 27 oz.
What is the best softball bat for 2020?
BEST FASTPITCH SOFTBALL BATS
- Easton Ghost Advanced 2020. The 2020 Ghost Advanced Bat provides players with a barrel that’s longer, lighter and stronger than ever before to help hitters consistently rake at the dish.
- DeMarini Prism 2020.
- Louisville Slugger Xeno X20.
- DeMarini CF 2020.
- Louisville Slugger LXT X20.