- 1 How do I get my bat to pop more?
- 2 Is rolling a softball bat illegal?
- 3 What does shaving a softball bat mean?
- 4 Can you add weight to a bat?
- 5 What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
- 6 How do you tell if a bat is rolled or shaved?
- 7 Can you roll an AXE bat?
- 8 Is the Easton ghost softball bat illegal?
- 9 Does rolling a bat shorten its life?
- 10 What is better 2 piece or 1 piece bats?
How do I get my bat to pop more?
Shave the inside walls of the bat with a metal file or lathe. Do not scrape more than a millimeter out of the barrel. You are looking to increase the trampoline effect of the barrel, not make it brittle to break. Pop the cap back onto the top of the bat.
Is rolling a softball bat illegal?
Is It Illegal? Bat rolling is not illegal. As a matter of fact, all composite bats must be rolled in testing before they are deemed legal for play. Bat rolling is most prevalent amongst the slowpitch softball community, but in some occasions, fastpitch softball players also take to bat rolling.
What does shaving a softball bat mean?
Bat shaving is the process of removing the bat’s end cap and thinning out the inner walls in order to increase the trampoline effect. Shaving a bat shortens a bat’s life because you’re making the walls of the bat, which help create durability, thinner.
Can you add weight to a bat?
Well, by putting the weighted donut towards the barrel of the bat, not only are you adding weight, but the added weight is further away from the knob of the bat where the force is being generated from. This added weight increases the moment of inertia (tendency to resist angular acceleration) in the swing.
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.
How do you tell if a bat is rolled or shaved?
The most obvious way to tell if a bat has been shaved is to open the top end cap and look inside. This is because a bat will be shaved along the inside wall of the barrel and the only way to tell if this has happened is to look on the inside of the bat.
Can you roll an AXE bat?
Rolling an Axe Bat? Axe’s ergonomic handle forces contact to only be made on one side of the barrel. Axe builds the barrel as such. It follows, that if you are to roll an Axe bat your focus only need be on one side of the barrel—the hitting side.
Is the Easton ghost softball bat illegal?
This Easton Ghost bat is NOT legal in USSSA but is legal in High School. It does not have the USSSA thumbprint but does have the ASA Certification.
Does rolling a bat shorten its life?
Bat rolling is an accelerated break-in process for composite bats that brings a bat to peak performance. More specifically, mechanical rollers built within a type of vice, compress the barrel along its length. Rolling will also shorten the total lifespan of your bat and void warranties.
What is better 2 piece or 1 piece bats?
For this reason, one–piece bats are preferred by stronger players with above average bat speed such as a power hitter. Two-piece bats provide more flex at contact with the ball. Two-piece bats are the most used type of bat, and will provide the BEST performance.