How do I increase my hitting power in softball?
5 Tips to Get More Power Behind Your Softball Swing
- Use The Right Grip. When you grip the bat, you need to focus on applying your pressure with your fingers- not your palms.
- Mind The Elbows. Many softball players mistakenly keep their elbows up when swinging.
- Power Your Stance.
- Dominate Your Stride.
- Improve Your Contact.
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.
How can I increase my batting power?
Four Ways to Generate Cricket Bat Speed for Power Hitting
- Having a high backlift during stance: Having a high backlift during batting stance allows for increased angular acceleration to be generated during the impact with the ball.
- Playing with a Backswing:
- Aligning the Body:
- Optimizing Bat Weight:
- Measuring Bat Speed:
What is the best batting stance for softball?
To be a successful hitter you need to start in a relaxed, balanced stance. An athletic stance involves: Spreading your feet wider than shoulder-width apart. Pointing your toes slightly inward, with the weight of your body on the inside part of your feet and forward on the balls of your feet.