How do I get more power to hit a softball?
5 Tips to Get More Power Behind Your Softball Swing
- Use The Right Grip. When you grip the bat, you need to focus on applying your pressure with your fingers- not your palms.
- Mind The Elbows. Many softball players mistakenly keep their elbows up when swinging.
- Power Your Stance.
- Dominate Your Stride.
- Improve Your Contact.
What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
5 Tips on Softball Hitting Techniques
- Tip 1 – Grip. When gripping the bat, the hitter applies pressure with the fingers, not the palms.
- Tip 2 – Hand Position. The hands start close to the body about three to four inches in front of the chest and between the shoulders.
- Tip 3 – Swing.
- Tip 4 – Contact.
- Tip 5 – Follow – Through.
Why can’t I hit a slow pitch softball?
One common reason players can’t hit a slow pitch softball is because they are using the wrong bat. You want to have good control over the bat and feel comfortable using it. The size of the bat will not affect how far you hit the ball as much as making square contact with the ball and how fast you swing the bat.
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.
Why do I keep missing the ball in softball?
Usually because you are trying to hit the ball where you see it, rather than the point where you would be making good contact. Good baseball hitters realize that when they see a good pitch, they are not supposed to swing at where the ball.
What are the basic skills in softball?
The basic skills for any player involved in softball are; throwing, catching, hitting for contact, hitting for power, and running. They are often referred to as the “five tools” because they are the five things that coaches and scouts look for in softball position players.