- 1 Is there a difference between slowpitch and fastpitch softballs?
- 2 Can you use fastpitch bats in slow pitch softball?
- 3 Can I use a fastpitch glove for slowpitch?
- 4 How fast is a pitch in slow pitch softball?
- 5 What is the most dangerous position in softball?
- 6 What’s the easiest position in softball?
- 7 Is 10U softball fast or slow pitch?
- 8 What is a slow pitch in softball?
- 9 What is the best bat for slow pitch softball?
- 10 Is 12.75 glove too big?
- 11 Can I use a softball glove for baseball?
- 12 What is the best size glove for slow pitch softball?
- 13 What is the fastest pitch ever in softball?
- 14 Who is the best slow pitch softball player?
- 15 What is an illegal pitch in slow pitch softball?
Is there a difference between slowpitch and fastpitch softballs?
Slow pitch softball leagues typically use 12″ softballs that will travel at slower speeds and lesser distances than fastpitch softballs. League rules will dictacte the Compression and COR measurement used during gameplay. Softball players competing in fastpitch will regularly use a 11″ ball.
Can you use fastpitch bats in slow pitch softball?
Can you use a fastpitch softball bat for a slow pitch? While it is legal to use a fast pitch softball for slow pitch, it is not recommended. Fast pitch bats are designed for fast pitches, so you will not perform your best when hitting with this type of bat for slower pitches.
Can I use a fastpitch glove for slowpitch?
Because base stealing and bunting are a big part of fastpitch softball, for example, the game moves faster than slowpitch, where base runners usually must wait until the batter makes contact to leave their base. However, when it comes to the gloves, most fastpitch and slowpitch gloves are essentially interchangeable.
How fast is a pitch in slow pitch softball?
typical pitched-ball speeds for the game of slow-pitch softball are around 10-mph. typical bat-swing speeds for adult slow-pitch players are around 60-mph, with some top level players cabable of reaching 70-mph swing speeds.
What is the most dangerous position in softball?
Re: What is the most dangerous position on the field?
- Batters and pitchers had the highest absolute number of injuries due to impact with a batted ball in games.
- A total of 22% of the total game injuries to pitchers occurred from batted balls, and about one third of game injuries to third basemen involved batted balls.
What’s the easiest position in softball?
What is the easiest position in softball? Right field, because young players don’t hit the ball very far in the air, and because 80% of athletes are right handed, fewer hard-hit fly balls will go to the opposite field (right field for a right-handed hitter).
Is 10U softball fast or slow pitch?
In fast-pitch softball leagues for players 10 years old and younger, or 10U, the ASA requires pitchers to throw the ball from a distance of 35 feet. In slow-pitch leagues, the distance from the pitcher’s rubber to home plate is 40 feet, according to ASA regulations.
What is a slow pitch in softball?
Slow Pitch softball is a fast-paced game that requires strength and patience. Although the pitcher throws the ball underhand at a slow speed, the ball is easier to hit. The ball used in slow pitch softball is smaller and denser than it is in fast pitch, making slow pitch softball a much more high hitting game.
What is the best bat for slow pitch softball?
Best Slow Pitch Softball Bats for 2020
- DeMarini Juggy.
- DeMarini Dale Brungardt Signature (Continuous Fiber)
- Easton Fire Flex IV.
- Lousiville Slugger TPS Power Load.
- AXE Bats Avenge Blackout.
Is 12.75 glove too big?
Determining Your Glove Type Outfield Glove – Usually sized at 12.5 to 12.75 inches for adults, about 11 inches for children. A youth size is between 9 – 11 inches. Adults 11 to 11.75 inch is the typical baseball size. Second basemen prefer a smaller glove to help make those quick throws while still having control.
Can I use a softball glove for baseball?
Softball gloves are generally larger than baseball gloves because a softball is larger than a baseball. This makes it more difficult to play baseball with a softball glove, but it can be done.
What is the best size glove for slow pitch softball?
If you play slow pitch softball, your glove size will be bigger because the ball is 12″. For slowpitch infielders, gloves will typically range between 11″ and 12.5″ for youth players and roughly 12 ” and 12.5″ for players 13 and older.
What is the fastest pitch ever in softball?
The fastest recorded softball pitch is 77 mph (123.9 km/h), achieved by Monica Abbott (USA) on 16 June 2012 in a National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) game for the Chicago Bandits against the Carolina Diamonds in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA.
Who is the best slow pitch softball player?
Top 100 All Time Greatest Slow Pitch Softball Players
- Mike Macenko (97 points)
- Bruce Meade (87 points)
- Rick Scherr (85 points)
- Jeff Wallace (82 points)
- Charles Wright (80 points)
- Craig Elliott (79 points)
- Dirk Androff (77 points)
- Rusty Bumgardner (74 points)
What is an illegal pitch in slow pitch softball?
Height of The Ball The rules for slow pitch softball state the ball must be thrown in an arc ranging from 6 to 12 feet. If the ball is thrown out of these boundaries, it’s considered an illegal pitch. It’s important to note that this rule is only in affect for slow pitch and not fast pitch softball.