- 1 What does AB mean in softball stats?
- 2 What does R R mean in softball?
- 3 What does AB mean baseball?
- 4 What can you not do in softball?
- 5 What does DP mean in softball?
- 6 What does C mean in softball?
- 7 What does U mean in softball position?
- 8 What does 7 mean in softball?
- 9 What does G mean in baseball?
- 10 Does a fielder’s choice count as an AB?
- 11 What is the difference between PA and AB?
- 12 What is a good OBP in softball?
- 13 What is BF in softball stats?
What does AB mean in softball stats?
At Bat (AB) Number of times a player has been up to bat. Not counting the times the plate appearance resulted in a walk, hit by pitch, sacrifice bunt, or sacrifice fly. Batting Average (AVG) Number of base hits per at bat.
What does R R mean in softball?
R: Runs allowed. ER: Earned runs allowed.
What does AB mean baseball?
In baseball, an at bat (AB) or time at bat is a batter’s turn batting against a pitcher.
What can you not do in softball?
The pitcher shall not deliberately stop, roll, or bounce the ball while in the pitching position in order to prevent the batter from striking it. The pitcher shall not at any time during the game be allowed to use tape or other substances upon the ball, the pitching hand, or fingers.
What does DP mean in softball?
What is a Designated Player (DP) and a Flexible Player (Flex)? Basically the DP is a player designated to BAT ONLY for one of the 9 starting defensive players, but with some additional defensive options.
What does C mean in softball?
Position POS Abbreviation Pitcher 1 P Catcher 2 C First Baseman 3 1B Second Baseman 4 2B Third Baseman 5 3B Shortstop 6 SS Left.
What does U mean in softball position?
The “U” stands for “ unassisted ”. This usually occurs when a player bunts or sacrifice slap hits with runners on base and makes an out (note that there is no slap hitting in baseball).
What does 7 mean in softball?
The traditional outfielders in softball play left field, center field and right field. The left fielder is designated by the No. 7, the center fielder is No. 8 and the right fielder is No.
What does G mean in baseball?
Games Played (G) Grand Slam (GSH) Ground Into Double Play (GIDP) Groundout-to-Airout Ratio (GO/AO) Hit-by-pitch (HBP)
Does a fielder’s choice count as an AB?
What it is: A fielders choice counts as an at bat (AB) Counts as a plate appearance (PA)
What is the difference between PA and AB?
At -bat (AB) An official at-bat comes when a batter reaches base via a fielder’s choice, hit or an error (not including catcher’s interference) or when a batter is put out on a non-sacrifice. (Whereas a plate appearance refers to each completed turn batting, regardless of the result.)
What is a good OBP in softball?
In softball, an ERA between 1.00 and 2.00 is considered really good.
What is BF in softball stats?
• BB – Base on balls (also called a “walk”): times pitching four balls, allowing the batter to take first base. • BB/9 – Base on balls divided by 9 (Bases on balls per 9 innings. pitched) • BF – Total batters faced: opponent team’s total plate appearances.