- 1 What age should you start softball pitching lessons?
- 2 How fast should 10 year old pitch?
- 3 What is the fastest softball pitch ever?
- 4 What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
- 5 What age should girls start pitching?
- 6 How long should a softball pitcher warm up?
- 7 How much should a softball pitcher practice?
- 8 What is the hardest position to play in softball?
- 9 How fast can you pitch in slow-pitch softball?
What age should you start softball pitching lessons?
But trying to push a kid into being a pitcher is the worst thing you can do.” It doesn’t have to be quite so serious when they first start out, which according to Susan Seaver, tournament director of the Little League Softball World Series, should probably be in the 8- to 10-year-old range.
How fast should 10 year old pitch?
The average fastball velocity for pitchers 10 years old and younger is between 40-50 mph. The average change up speed for this age group is about 10 mph slower, putting the velocity between 30-40 mph. Pitchers in this age group are playing in the Majors division in Little League.
What is the fastest softball pitch ever?
The fastest recorded softball pitch is 77 mph (123.9 km/h), achieved by Monica Abbott (USA) on 16 June 2012 in a National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) game for the Chicago Bandits against the Carolina Diamonds in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA.
What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
5 Tips on Softball Hitting Techniques
- Tip 1 – Grip. When gripping the bat, the hitter applies pressure with the fingers, not the palms.
- Tip 2 – Hand Position. The hands start close to the body about three to four inches in front of the chest and between the shoulders.
- Tip 3 – Swing.
- Tip 4 – Contact.
- Tip 5 – Follow – Through.
What age should girls start pitching?
However, it is not too early to teach a girl the mechanics of pitching at the age of six or seven. At all levels of play, the preferred, and practically only, style of pitching is the windmill (as described in this guide) and girls should use that style as early as possible.
How long should a softball pitcher warm up?
Top college and pro pitchers routinely take 45 minutes or more to prepare and warm-up before throwing their first pitch in a game. (your warm-up drills), the better you will pitch. If you are a young pitcher with no advanced pitches, you can probably do a preparation in 10 minutes or so.
How much should a softball pitcher practice?
To avoid all of the above and ensure you are pitching enough, here are a few guidelines. Practicing 3 times per week keeps you the same; 4 days a week or more makes you better. Throw no more than 400 full speed pitches per week. Spend time on the basics.
What is the hardest position to play in softball?
The shortstop has many responsibilities, including catching and fielding, and are very versatile and agile players. This is perhaps the most difficult position on the field. The remaining base is reserved for the third baseman. This area is the corner diagonally opposite the first base.
How fast can you pitch in slow-pitch softball?
A slowpitch bat is designed to hit a ball traveling around 25 mph. Fastpitch bats are designed to hit balls traveling in excessive speed. Consequently, fastpitch bats are designed for speed and quick reaction, while slow-pitch bats are designed for slugging the ball.