- 1 How do I get more power to hit a softball?
- 2 What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
- 3 What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
- 4 Why can’t I hit a slow pitch softball?
- 5 How do I stop my slow pitch softball from popping up?
- 6 How can I be good at softball?
- 7 What is the correct stance in softball?
- 8 What are the basic skills in softball?
- 9 How softball player pitch the ball?
How do I get more power to hit a softball?
5 Tips to Get More Power Behind Your Softball Swing
- Use The Right Grip. When you grip the bat, you need to focus on applying your pressure with your fingers- not your palms.
- Mind The Elbows. Many softball players mistakenly keep their elbows up when swinging.
- Power Your Stance.
- Dominate Your Stride.
- Improve Your Contact.
What are 3 things you need to do in order to properly hit a softball?
5 Tips on Softball Hitting Techniques
- Tip 1 – Grip. When gripping the bat, the hitter applies pressure with the fingers, not the palms.
- Tip 2 – Hand Position. The hands start close to the body about three to four inches in front of the chest and between the shoulders.
- Tip 3 – Swing.
- Tip 4 – Contact.
- Tip 5 – Follow – Through.
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.
Why can’t I hit a slow pitch softball?
One common reason players can’t hit a slow pitch softball is because they are using the wrong bat. You want to have good control over the bat and feel comfortable using it. The size of the bat will not affect how far you hit the ball as much as making square contact with the ball and how fast you swing the bat.
How do I stop my slow pitch softball from popping up?
Keep your back and legs in line so you don’t lean forward and backward. Stand with your feet 6 to 12 inches away from the side of the plate. Standing too far away from the plate will force you to extend too far out to make contact, which can hamper your accuracy and prevent you from swinging through the ball.
How can I be good at softball?
Tips to Improve Your Softball Game
- Change Your Grip Up.
- Don’t Second-Guess Your Swing.
- Watch The Ball.
- Swing With Your Hips.
- Touch EVERY Base!
- Never Stop Paying Attention!
- Use Two Hands To Collect The Ball Whenever You Can.
- Make A Plan Pre-Pitch.
What is the correct stance in softball?
To be a successful hitter you need to start in a relaxed, balanced stance. An athletic stance involves: Spreading your feet wider than shoulder-width apart. Pointing your toes slightly inward, with the weight of your body on the inside part of your feet and forward on the balls of your feet.
What are the basic skills in softball?
The basic skills for any player involved in softball are; throwing, catching, hitting for contact, hitting for power, and running. They are often referred to as the “five tools” because they are the five things that coaches and scouts look for in softball position players.
How softball player pitch the ball?
The pitch starts when the pitcher makes any motion that is part of his/her wind up. His/Her arm must come to a rest holding the ball in front of his/her body, with a pivot foot in contact with the pitcher’s plate. The pitch must be delivered with an arc between six and ten feet.