How do I increase my hitting power in softball?
5 Tips to Get More Power Behind Your Softball Swing
- Use The Right Grip. When you grip the bat, you need to focus on applying your pressure with your fingers- not your palms.
- Mind The Elbows. Many softball players mistakenly keep their elbows up when swinging.
- Power Your Stance.
- Dominate Your Stride.
- Improve Your Contact.
What are 2 key points for successful batting in softball?
More videos on YouTube
- Good Balance, with the feet comfortably apart.
- Slight, but Equal Bend in the Knees.
- Slight Bend in the Hip so that you set the proper plane of the barrel when you get ready to swing.
- Make sure the hips and shoulders are facing the plate, or “flat” and square to the plate.
Is softball harder than baseball?
Many people often question if softball is harder than base ball or vise versa. However, it is scientifically proven that softball is harder than baseball. The speed of pitches, the reaction time for hitters and fielders, and the distance of the field indicates that softball is indeed harder than baseball.
Why can’t I hit a slow pitch softball?
One common reason players can’t hit a slow pitch softball is because they are using the wrong bat. You want to have good control over the bat and feel comfortable using it. The size of the bat will not affect how far you hit the ball as much as making square contact with the ball and how fast you swing the bat.